April 29, 2007

Joni Eareckson Tada

"A diving accident in 1967 left Joni Eareckson Tada a quadriplegic and in a wheelchair, unable to use her hands. After two years of rehabilitation, Joni re-entered the community with new skills and a fresh determination to help others in similar situations. “My church made a huge difference in my family’s life as they demonstrated the love of God in practical ways,” says Joni.

Mrs. Tada wrote of her experiences in her international best-selling biography, Joni. Her name is now recognized in countries around the world following the distribution in many languages of her biography and the full-length feature film JONI. She has personally visited over 41 countries."

(As quoted from her website Joni and Friends)

I have personally mat Joni, when I was about 10 years old, at a local church in Southern California. I remember I was amazed at how beautiful be was and how she was so happy for no apparant reason. She was in her element at her home church and to this day, even though our conversation lasted only about a minute, she is one of the kindest people Ive met. She has the joy of Christ, despite her personal misfortune.

I encourage you to look around her website to see all the amazing things she does despite her disability. She is an example of what we as Christians should be.

No comments: