May 2, 2007

The Sisters of Notre Dame

This post does not so much focus on woman, as it does a whole group of them. The Sisters of Notre Dame have been a part of my life since I was eleven years old. I attended La Reina High School in Thousand Oaks, California, and this school was started and run by the order of Catholic nuns devoted to teaching. These women are among the most extraordinary that I've met in my life. I met a great deal of them around campus and in my times visiting the convent.
I had the most interaction with two sisters specifically, Sister Antoinette Marie Moon, and Sister Mary Leanne Hubbard. The former was the principal of the school during my time there, and she now serves at a school for girls, started by the order in Busesa, Uganda. It has been among my greatest desires to visit this school. Sister Leanne, was my teacher for two years. Although I was a Baptist attending a Catholic school, she helped me form a great respect for the Catholic church.
Knowing these women have very much changed my view of what a life devoted to God looks like. They are women who love their lives, they have fun, and have just as many opportunities as lay people. I am very thankful for their influence on my life, and I can be sure that I will never forget my time spent with them.

If you're interested in learning more about this order of Sisters, go to www.snd1.org !

(sorry I knew I had some pictures of them, but I cant find them!)

No comments: